Old 06-28-23, 11:52 AM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 602 Posts
jamesdak , really cool C4 bike!!
I was waiting if the list of similars escalates to one of my personal favs in this league, Andrea Cinelli's Cinetica Giotto, but if not, I'll post that. This became the "magic unicorn" for me, after never hearing about it, just casually bumping into a sframe for acceptable (but still no cheap) money during staring at ads. Of course my hesitation ended up in a call with the answer "the dude who bought it, picked up an hour ago.
"
There is no exact date mentioned in most sources, but in some articles they say in '86 Andrea, son of Cino decided to build own bikes as he was serious enough, he looked up the - then - one of the most knowledgeable company dealing with CF and aero, Ferrari. Oddly same year when both Kestrel and C4 had the same idea with really similar bikes. (I thought for long years, that C4 is some form of continuation of Andrea's project after it bite the dust, but no. Against all similarities, they independently looked similar. ) Ultimately the story ended not even because the bikes themselves broke (but according to stories, there was no shortage in those either) but the molds were not as durable as they planned which quickly turned the whole circus into a financial disaster. A notable feature is the cockpit, which is often can be found on eBay, and a few years ago they were not even in the horror price range. Stem with adjustable length, and bar with adjustable width.
2 pieces of Tandem pistas were built as well.
Image source: https://premium-cycling.com/

Likes For Lattz: