Thread: Paul Brodie
View Single Post
Old 12-21-22, 10:34 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4228 Post(s)
Liked 3,926 Times in 2,341 Posts
I watched this vid just last night. Very interesting. But I am a child of that time so what would you expect. Being East Coast I am less familiar with some of his references of people he worked with still the stories are very similar to others I have heard elsewhere. Some people can be so inwardly focused to not care or even think of the wake they leave behind.

I've been doing this hobby building for a long time and watching his teaching how to silver braze a water bottle boss was eye opening in how he aimed his flame. I'll have to try his method.

Watching his vids reminds me of Chicago 1985 when the local shops/clubs were invited to view a pre release showing of "Breaking Away". The theater audience understood the riding scenes and clapped and reacted at the crush points. This is what I do with Paul's vids.

I am glad he is back in his shop, recovers well and continues to give us insights to both fabricating stuff and his industry experiences. Andy