Thread: Colnago ID ?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-21, 06:53 PM
1 Lugnut

Bikes: Motobecane Grand Record, Colnago Super, Mondia Super, Mondia Special, Mondia Prestige (for sale 55cm),Titan Star, Titan Exklusiv, Windsor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Fountain
Hi 1 Lugnut, haha, my Superissimo is red and it does look very much like your Super and it's a re-paint. A lovely bike to ride.

1985 585mm x 575mm SPX tubed Cinelli Supercorsa with last gen Super Record and a Cinelli V.I.P set. The geometry is very upright - 74 degree seat tube with a 75 1/2 degree head tube - very criterium and very twitchy but I still love it. It weighs 21 1/2 lb without the bottle.
👀👀👀 . . . You are def in the Colnago camp….WoW - Nice bevy of birds you have there.
All ride fine I’m sure?

Selling the Cinelli was bittersweet for me. Beautiful looking & riding bike. It handed like my Titans & understandingly so. My issue with it & you might think it silly (besides it being 59 cm), but I had lost my respect w/ it…due the the guy I initially bought it from. Kind of a long story that’s not worth getting into. Unbelievable great bike mechanic that turned out to be a worm.

In any event, I pd $900 new for it & sold it for $1500 to the Canadian. He rode for a bit, then slapped a set of Shamal wheels on & dumped it for $5k. Said it it was a bit too small for him. Prolly saw a chance to turn a buck…dunno
For such a fancy bike, the paint chipped easily which should not have happened?

Cheers, Rich

Last edited by 1 Lugnut; 09-02-21 at 09:30 PM.