Old 08-08-18, 12:49 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
3x10 today. One more 3x10 workout and on to under/overs and power intervals.

I'll try out my new digs on the toughest local P ride after I'm done in a couple months. I'll get dropped after probably 30mi.

But, I can if I want to pick a 3min hill and put a minute on the A ride right now. The local A+ ride is tough, but a few guys taking too many road/car risks on that one. The toughest P ride is safer from talking to folks, but, the quality of riders will eventually spit me out. New power or not.

I really hate not living by nice climbs. I tend to like it, and doing really controlled repeats of over 6 to 8 min is relegated to the trainer. I'm just not into the whole change gears every two seconds thing to do long intervals on country roads. A long climb or a trainer, just grind it out. Mentally, I find real world climbs easier than the timer on a trainer.

Once I hit 300 I'll probably do a couple weeks of weight management and see how close to a 4.5w/kg for 20min I can get. Then beg the wife to take a weekend 1/2 day to go drive to take on a climb or something. Or make a family trip to the mountains for the weekend and go kill some PR's on a few I've done in the last year.

I'm absolutely convinced I can some day do Mt. Mitchell in under 2 hours. That's not even close to really good times up that, but is a goal anyway.