Old 01-19-20, 12:07 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
Flight Deck is cool

I really like “Flight Deck” and I have it installed on my Dura Ace 7700/7703 3x9 bike and it works well for the most part so long as I keep fresh batteries in it.

My other Flight Deck bike has Dura Ace 7800 2x10 group on it and after 2 years of fussing, I have yet to sort out the Flight Deck. It malfunctions in 2 ways: 1) it thinks it is always in the big chainring and 2) the menus auto scroll on their own, never settling on the screen I want when I want.

Several years ago when I googled, there were quite a few links on troubleshooting Shimano Flight Deck. When I check now, the troubleshooting articles don’t seem to be there any more.

I’m not quite ready to abandon Flight Deck but I’m getting close. I have peeled back my brake hoods, & removed the cover plate with the 2 little screws. I have swabbed the contacts with contact cleaner. I have checked to see if the little grey button mounted in the plate is functional & briefly played around with placing little index card shims behind the contacts to no avail.

No one in my bike club could care less about Flight Deck and my bike shop doesn’t have time for it either.

Could somebody here steer me to some proper Flight Deck troubleshooting?