View Single Post
Old 04-25-20, 01:28 PM
CyclingBK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
Interval training. Push, let up, push again.
So, since that post I made on 4/6, and after you and another member mentioned “interval training”, I’ve done some research and been working on it.

And it’s been fantastic! Totally changed my outlook on cycling and complete game changer in my power.

I don’t even know if this is real interval training exactly but here’s what I do....

Im only doing 3 sets of 2 intervals. I warm up for one 3.3 mile lap. Then, on the 2nd lap, I will do one all out sprint for like 30 or 40 seconds til I’m fading, then take it easy for a few minutes, then do another all out sprint, take it easy then I got this hill that lasts a few minutes, I go moderate, then complete the lap going moderate but with good effort. Then I do 2 more laps of the same.

I notice the increase power especially on how I can take inclines and the hill in higher gears more easy. And I think I’m ready to go one gear higher on my sprints already.

I think I like it so much because it gives focus and it’s fun for me. I only ride the loop since I’m not that comfortable in NYC traffic and just going round and round was ok but this is much more fun.

I think if I can get out to “the country” and do some nice long rides, that will be fun too. But for now, this is great.

Last edited by CyclingBK; 04-25-20 at 02:21 PM.