View Single Post
Old 04-25-20, 04:07 PM
CyclingBK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
You are doing great brother. I think the most important thing about any training is to stress well, rest sufficiently, and get nutrition to build. You will advance as long as you do a little more than last time without hurting yourself, give yourself time to recover and the proper diet to build and recover from the stress.

Listen to your body. I like to be building every other day but at 52 I might rest 2 days between really hard workouts. I may ride every day, but it's just a keep limber type ride on a rest day. Also any type cross training will help build different muscles. I also work out on an Elliptical machine and ride 3-4 different style bikes at different times. I think those things help me advance.
Thanks for the encouragement.

I’m Ill be 52 this year also. Yes, cycling was something I picked up after I’d been working out regularly for a couple of years already. I really started because gym cardio is so boring, lol. And cycling is the best, so happy I started.

My workout routine now is to strength train (pretty challenging with the gyms closed!) 6 days a week and cycling every other day. Especially now if I’m going to do these intervals, I’ll give myself a day off after.

id like to pick up some type of cross training that Incoporates lateral motion. if that makes sense, since cycling is “linear”. For now, I was thinking cardio routines that have that “side to side” movement. But I think on cardio days I prefer....cycling! 😀