Old 05-25-21, 11:14 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
I get surveys all the time from vendors and the first thing they ask is will I recommend it to my friends. My answer is no. Why? I do not recommend anything to friends unless asked specifically for a recommendation. Also, I tend to like the more trendy, higher tech stuff and I am an early adopter. Sometimes that is better solution and other times worse.

The thought of a crockpot full of wax, taking my chain off and cleaning it plus reinstalling after wax solidification and then storing the crockpot full of wax seems like really old tech. However, I must admit to chain wax envy.

I tried this stuff. https://www.ceramicspeed.com/en/cycl...--new-formula-

It seems pricey but it solves my wax envy without the need of a crockpot et al and other overhead. Clean chain, drip on liquid wax, ride the next day store wax bottle in my tool chest.

So far, it seems to work as advertised. I put it on the my San Diego Track bike chains and they were amazingly quiet for 1/8 inch chain. Road chains stay pretty clean without the black mess. However, chains on bikes ridden outside get dirty. Such is life.

No endorsement here, just another way to wax a chain. And I give it a 1/2 watt benefit.

Last edited by Hermes; 05-25-21 at 12:05 PM.
Likes For Hermes: