Old 09-10-16, 01:39 PM
bikerbobbbb

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone want to assist/guide me building a new rear wheel?

This is a long term project. Probably a year or so to complete. Not quite a rush since the current rear wheel is working.

I've got a 32 spoke rear wheel. I want 36 spokes for more strength. I've already got the 36 spoke rim picked out I think. That leaves getting the hub, figuring out spoke measurements (I'm thinking double butted), a cassette (but I can copy the current cassette I've got hopefully)....

Should just be speccing out parts and assembling it.

The current rear wheel, 32 spoke, has worn spokes. They keep breaking every few months. I did get all new double butted spokes, but I'm thinking I can make the new 36 spoke wheel, have that ready and working, swap it in, and then redo the 32 spoke wheel with double butted spokes. That way I've always got a working bike (very important). I'm never taking my only working wheel, disassembling it, and hoping I can redo all the spokes, true it, etc. all well enough to be able to ride it right away again. So why not get the better wheel created and working, and then redo the old one as a spare, right?