SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Originally Posted by Broctoon
Zach Gallardo is at least their shill. Cult leader though? I don't think he's on the level of a Creed Bratton. "Been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader."

I'm thinking more of the unconditional, fanboy devotion like you see with Harley Davidson. Nothing they make is less than perfect. It's the only brand you'll buy. Got the T-shirts, coffee mug, and big stickers on the back of your truck. Glock is another example, or to a lesser extent their competitors, Sig Sauer and Heckler & Koch. In the knife world, you have team Spyderco vs. team Benchmade. Almost like Edward and Jacob from those teenage supernatural romance novels (apologies to those who don't have daughters... you can Google it.)

I think Wabi is a pretty cool company. Don't own one of their bikes, but I would like to. I also like Surly, Salsa, Soma, All City, and Co-Motion. For bike accessories, my favorite is probably PDW. I love Thomson and own some of their products. And if I could afford them, I'd probably buy lots of components from Paul. I am not so enamored with any of these that I would put their sticker on my vehicle. If you do, you *might* be guilty of buying into their cult.
I’m pretty sure HD makes more money on swag than they do on motorcycles.

Likes For SkinGriz: