View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 10:31 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 1,181 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
yes but the big bugs they have not really nailed. but they don't vet their software as well either so they make different bugs. I Know calories calculation is not accurate but at least give an idea. My bosch bike has a built in watt meter and the gram and it are usually pretty close on calories. but if left to itself strava goes way overboard the same with apple. I just want an idea how much I have to eat after a ride.
love the screen and the format but the boot tike is crazy slow my iPhone is faster. for my commuting and such it just drives me nuts how slow it is. but setup is so practical compared to garmin the touch screen is better too.
Interesting. My boot time is longer than my 1030, but not terrible and it finds satellites quickly. By the time its booted, its ready to roll. Ive learned to time power up in my basement and by the time Im outside and ready to roll the units running.

Cant say its massivly better than a Garmin, though screen, map and displays are of better quality. One thing I dislike about HH is no BT connection for downloads or uploads. Having to be WiFi, Hotspot or SIM card connected is a PITA to me. The Garmin method of BT to a phone app that has cell data is so much easier to deal with, IME. As example I use Garmin LiveTrack all the time, it FINALLY is running reliably. HH pretty much needs a SiM card for this and I never had any luck getting a SIM card working, finally gave up. Thus I still use my 1030 about 50% of the time as it works reliably,

For $450, a 1030 Plus is a very good deal.