View Single Post
Old 10-05-04, 10:58 AM
featherzz2u

Bikes: Biria and husband has a raleigh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, I am new here and joined specifically because of the 50+ forum. I just turned 50.

1. I just purchased a Biria
2. None
3. I used to ride horses (never bikes). I noticed one day when I was walking the dog that I barely cleared a ditch when I jumped it. My body just didn't seem to have the strentgh it once had. I was around 43. I also noticed that I was starting to protect my body/bones without even realizing it. I would automatically take the less steep paths etc. Going down a steep gravel driveway had me flustered for the first time in my life! I stepped over to the grassy side and walked down the hill instead of the slippery gravel. Then the next year I noticed floaters in my eyes and had to get glasses....bifocals at that and had a stigma to boot!!

GOLLY JEEPERS I was getting old and lets not discuss how my hands had turned into my mothers hands overnight. I also noticed sunlight was no longer my friend where face wrinkles are concerned and now I try to stand in the shadows so they will not be quite so pronounced.

YES! I like this forum, my husband and I laugh all time about our new aches and pains and have decided to ease on through the golden years with as much dignity and grace as we can muster. Has anyone else noticed how the short the days are?, and why can't I get everything done on my to-do list anymore?
4. Never biked, but I rode horses.
5. We just bought a used motor home and the bikes will go on the back to sight see with.
6. Don't know yet.
7. We have three terraces on our property and I am constantly going up and down to care for my exotic parrots, the dog and gardening. Indoors I do Michael thurmond and the ab-doer, we also like yoga.

Rainie