View Single Post
Old 01-13-22, 01:38 PM
Masonchat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by side_FX
Does it seem odd that the FX3 still seems to be an imaginary object? i get supply chain issues, etc.. But it seems according to the Trek Website, there are bikes in my general area for the entire FX line except for the FX3. It seems like it’s been that way for months now. I’m tempted to go up to the FX4 or maybe even 5, but then it’s starting to get into higher cash areas that defeats my wish for a solid, cost effective, all-rounder. I do like the FX2, but just wish for a little bit more. Why is Trek tormenting me like this?
I know how you feel , I too have the FX 2 and love it but also just wanted a little more as you say , (not really knowing what a little more really was )

FX 3 also impossible to get here and I was also thinking of taking the big jump to FX sport 4 or 6 ,

Instead I ended up going for giant fastroad sl 1 , it is 400 euro more than FX 3 but you are getting a much lighter bike with mainly 105 components.

The is the giant fastroad sl 2 and 3 which are cheaper as the number goes up the sl 3 being about in line with FX 3 price and components as FX 3 I'd say.

​the geometry is a little different , mainly slightly longer reach , I feel like Ive got my little more, the main plus I feel is I feel less fatigued over longer distances, the bike feels sportier , the wheel set for me didn't feel great so on advice from others here I'm upgrading them.

but the FX 2 is the best value for money all rounder by a mile in my opinion.

I just wonder would the FX 3 be enough of an upgrade to scratch that itch for you , I'd seriously recommend trying one out or any potential new purchase tbh .

Last edited by Masonchat; 01-13-22 at 01:52 PM.