View Single Post
Old 02-06-23, 01:51 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7653 Post(s)
Liked 3,483 Times in 1,839 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Mayer
Weight is the #1 performance issue, particularly rotating mass.
Funny, at pro peleton speeds, the pros seem to think aero is the most important factor.

Tubeless/clinchers are inherently heavier than tubulars due to the inferior rim profile.
Ummmm .... okay .... seems to me that any sort of wheel can be made in any shape and that most teams are running much deeper wheels on pretty much all stages .... and even on pure mountain stages, sorry there is no inherent shape benefit to tubular rims over other rim styles. The big benefits with tubeless are lighter weight of the actual tire and the fact that they can be safely ridden flat.

Rolling resistance: an inconsequential factor.
Funny, then, that you quote it as second of the big three reasons tubulars are better.

Wish I could find the interview with the head of Vittoria, who expressed some frustration that much of the pro peloton is on their latex tube tubular tires, often relabeled.
We all wish you could find this. I am not here to win a debate .... people here will keep fighting even if the topic is "Black is different than white" or "Red bikes are faster." I just want accurate information ... and your hit-or-miss logic and contradictory posts are hard to trust. Please do find those third-party sources.