Old 07-25-16, 06:51 PM
sprince

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
So weight gain is the sole determining factor for addiction
No, but it if the addiction is [junk] food, it is likely the primary reason you gained weight. Being sedentary doesn't help. But without junk food it becomes much harder to overeat, and doesn't suppress the normal reaction of eating less when expending less energy.

Sugar doesn't make people fat
Honestly, would you have gotten fat in a world without sugar and processed foods? Would you have gotten as fat?

I got fat by being lazy. Not doing is easier than doing. I got not fat by riding the hell out of a bicycle-- to the point that my wife would like to point out-- I'm probably addicted to it. I feel uneasy if I take a day off of the bike. Other forms of exercise don't suppress this feeling. I get up at 4-5am to ride some days, despite having gone to bed at 1-2am. My legs are pretty much sore all the time. But as I'm not gaining weight, must not be addicted.
You are not doing your body any good by going without sleep. It only slows down your metabolism, makes things more difficult for the brain and compromises your immune system. I hope you find a better way.