Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 829 Posts
Originally Posted by YellaFella
I believe riding through an intersection against a red light would qualify. And I also said that if safety is a concern, riding two abreast is fine. You seem to be purposely ignoring anything that doesn't fit the narrative you're pushing here, which is that I'm saying it's all cyclists' fault. I'm not sure how else to read your comments, to be honest.
Scenario: I arrive at a red light on my bicycle as the first vehicle. Traffic is stacking up behind me. If no cars are coming on the cross street, I can run the red light and make it to the place 3 blocks down the road where I can take a right onto a dedicated bike lane. If I do that, none of the cars behind me will be slowed as we all leave the intersection when the light turns green and none will be tempted to make a dangerous pass. Running the red light after making sure it's safe results in a safer and more harmonious traffic situation.

You would advocate that I wait at the light to "raise the public's perception" while doing so costs motorists time and compromises my safety. I don't engage in that kind of appeasement.
Likes For Paul Barnard: