Old 08-24-21, 06:03 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan_M
I only have experience with Shimano MTB hydraulics but this is very similar. If I flip my bike up side down to do some work or on its side I get the soft brakes for a short bit. It usually works itself out quickly though. You've got some air in there as mentioned above. It worked ok at one point so may work itself out but also may have too much air in the system. It's fine if it's above the master cylinder but more air in the reservoir means it's more likely to get into the lines. Realistically you can't get it 100% out unless you bleed the brakes while flipping the bike in every direction. Pretty much not realistic. Could be you just have a bit too much air in there and just need a better bleed, also might work it's way out leaving the bike upright for a bit and working the brakes to get the air to the top.
​​​​​
There should be NO air in the system. It is completely realistic to bleed it properly and get it all out. The air will NOT 'work it's way out'. You have to burp the lever OR bleed the system to get rid of it. Brakes w/ air somewhere in the system don't fix themselves.
Likes For cxwrench: