Old 06-27-21, 12:34 AM
AlbatrossWheeld

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
How best do I go about getting my cruiser bike?

Hopefully people can point the way. I'm just getting back into bikes so I haven't repaired or bought one in a long time. Up to 25 years ago I used to do a lot with bikes, was able to put it all together on my own and make modification. but there's been a lot of changes since then. Back then I rode mountain, hybrid, and touring bikes, but now I want a cruiser. I've been doing some reading online and have a starting plan for what I want, but I figure first off I need to figure out what route to take to my goal. So far it looks like I can't just order such a specific bike as I have in mind. I'd appreciate insight as to how to reach my goal, if it's attainable. Right now I'm guessing since I'm not up to date on brands & what fits what I have to buy a pre-assembled bike that has as many of the main attributes as I can get, and then do modifications from there?... One of my problems is that several of the attributes I want are not quite cruiser attributes.

If it helps I'll list what I have in mind: Maybe someone has suggestions for what to buy, where to buy, what wouldn't work, etc.

Cruiser style frame; mens; kinda flexible as far as where upper bars go.

Aluminum. (not typically a cruiser metal)

Paint: A really nice dark royal blue. I haven't seen it on assembled order options, so it might have to be a special project.

Back sweeping handlebars.

7 Speeds. (It's hilly where I live)

Hand brakes. (not back pedal)

Wheels: I'm leaning toward Chrome OverSpoke 26-in wheels, but I haven't heard of them on a straight cruiser frame, only on low-rider frames)

Tires: Maxxis Hookworms, 26-in x 2.5-in. (I want & need smooooth rolling with decent grip)

I'm not worried about the seat right now.

I don't want front suspension.

Thanks for your insight.