Old 09-06-21, 01:12 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked 1,287 Times in 610 Posts
"Done Got Old" UPDATE

Here's the original post: Done Got Old...........

Knee pain has gotten much worse so I finally caved in and went to the doc. Short version, arthritis has set in in all 3 compartments of both knees so a double knee replacement is imminent. Still no pain while riding a bike as long as I don't push too hard and maintain a nice easy spin. Right now I can get on my Takara MTB and the Dahon folder OK, getting off the Takara is a less than graceful operation but can be done safely. The Dahon is not a problem, unfortunately it is only a single speed so it limits my range to a small area between hills.

Gratuitous picture of the Takara..... Sorry but I REALLY like this bike, it is such a sweet ride, even if I wasn't having knee issues it would probably be my primary ride. It is smooth riding, has precise handling and is a good climber plus there's not another one within 100 miles of me that I know of. I switched to a vinyl saddle to make sliding off the back of the saddle to dismount easier and installed a set of Knee Savers and different pedals. I took it for a short test ride afterward and it does seem to help a bit.