dashuaigeh
grad stud.

Bikes: 1987 Schwinn Voyageur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rhm
My hope with this thread is that we consider passing our useless goods ("crap") on without worrying too much about what we get in return, so long as it fits. The frame I have is, for my purposes useless ("crap") because it's too (a) small (b) racy and (c) modern. Something in my size would be far more useful. If it's still crap, at least it would be crap in my size. It's not a terrible frame. It's really quite nice, it's just useless to me.

I'm not a gambler, and I recommend anyone playing this game understand what they're getting. But inasmuchas the BOCPAG was gambling, and the secret Santa game was gambling, this too is gambling. You put something in, and you get something out. No one promises that what you get out is more valuable than what you put in.

Anyway, I started this thread, and will follow it, but I'm not making up the rules. I'm merely suggesting rules I'd like. Make your own rules, arrange your own trades, and make someone happy. If anyone's happy, I'll be happy.
I think we might all have different versions of the game that we expect. On one end the game basically just becomes "ISO/FT for frames that don't fit". I'd prefer more of what you're saying - a game to get a frame you can use. Toss a frame you have that doesn't fit you, and get one that does that's roughly the same value.

I'd offer more ideas for rules, but I don't really have that many extra frames