View Single Post
Old 06-20-19, 06:59 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by holytrousers

@Hypno Toad: they infuriate me too. i deal with really dangerous situations every single day. i live in a country where bus drivers can get mad at you because you are standing in their way, waiting for the lights to turn green. What good does getting mad in such a situation ? go to the drivers window and tell him about the weather, the heat will immediately go away . Getting angry in a place where nobody gives a damn about anything is ABSURD.
In the end, i had to learn to appreciate the bike, healthy legs, paved roads and food when i get back home.
So please understand that i'm not focusing on drivers' feelings. In fact, i couldn't care less about their feelings if it wasn't for the fact that my life depends on them.
Hate the sin, love the sinner. That's ghandi's words.
Thank you for the perspective.

I live in a bike friendly place; I've used a bike where it's better than Minneapolis, and I've used a bike in places much worse.

To the point of my fowl mouth, I rarely swear at any random person on the road. Most road rage drivers get a smile & wave. It took me many years to stop responding to angry people with anger. The rare times I give all the bad words, that's for somebody that has put my safety at risk. The most common time for all the swear words is other people on bikes doing something stupid because they think they are going to be a pro racers ...