View Single Post
Old 10-27-22, 05:51 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6219 Post(s)
Liked 4,219 Times in 2,366 Posts
Don’t you just love someone who loudly proclaims

Originally Posted by Yan

Feel free to get the last word, I'm finished with talking to a joke.
And they comes on back. I keep tellin’ ya folks, fasten your seat belts!

Originally Posted by Yan
I have no problem with people who demonstrate true knowledge and contribute facts. What I don't like are psycho gaslighters who shape shift every time they are proven wrong to their face, evade by claiming their mistakes are not really mistakes, and move the goal posts after every defeat to hide their lack of knowledge. I tried very patiently to teach you about Shimano freehub standards, and also explain to you how hub shell design affects spoke angle, but in the end all my effort got was a "no, you didn’t correct me because my information was not significantly incorrect. It makes little difference and what little difference it does make is for the worse."
Go read posts 107 and 112. I provided you with information to show that you are the one with the incorrect facts. I was not wrong. You are. And when it is demonstrated that you are wrong, you hurl insults. Yes, you are correct that there is a slight difference in freehub standards. The above posts indicate that those changes have little impact.

Of course... of course... It's "not significantly incorrect", "it makes little difference"... whatever you say... It's only the VERY THING that is CENTRAL to the whole hub standard vs spoke tension discussion LOL! And no it is not "for the worse". It is for the better. These are clear as day written in black and white facts that anybody who has built a wheel knows. You are a wheel builder so you OBVIOUSLY know. So why are you saying this? It boggles the mind that someone can be so shameless that they would openly attempt to claim that black and white and white is black. I get we are living in a post-truth political environment, but is OPEN LYING spreading even to Bike Forums? What the hell??? Buddy, you're either correct or you're incorrect. Just be a man and move on. Stop with the psychopath attempts at doing a reverse-uno on on truth. This kind of behavior is repulsive, and writhing like this just makes yourself look ridiculous.
I have no idea what you are going on about. Look at the tension differential in the posts above again. Yes, it is in black and white and you aren’t understanding what you are looking at. Where have I lied? Prove it! I used the same calculator you used. You keep wanting to make some different point than what you originally made. I explained what the difference between a 130mm hub and a 135mm hub is and you have not provided anything to the conversation to say otherwise.

I provided you with an example comparing two hubs from the same manufacturer which show the tension difference between a 130mm and 135mm and you ignored it. I provided the tension difference between the examples you provided and included new information on another hub by the same manufacturer that shows an even larger tension difference than between the 130mm and 142mm hub and you start Gish Galloping. The values are in the posts above. If you think they are different, show how.

This is exactly the kind of gaslighting I'm talking about. Arguing with you is like confronting an amoeba. Every time someone tries to explain something patiently to you and establishes a fact you can no longer refute, you just withdraw by squirting out yet more slime. I thought we had moved on from this hub topic, but when I came back I saw that you had immediately gotten into another fight with Phuges, and you drove him so insane that he had to block you.
Well, I wouldn’t call it gaslighting. The problem is that every time you try to explain something you are simply wrong…demonstrably wrong. If you were right, I would pay attention but you usually aren’t right and only end up going for insults when shown the error of your point.

I don’t have to agree with everything that is stated on Bike Forums nor do I expect everyone to agree with me. I don’t agree with what Phuges says because my experience is different from his.

​​​​​​What is it with your toxic personality that causes everyone here to can't stand you? And then right afterwards you come back and try to start with me again. If you don't want to learn from others and fill your knowledge gaps, then why do you even come to Bike Forums? You just come here because you enjoy arguing with people or what? When one person moves on you immediately start seeking out another person?
There are only some people I argue with. I have discussions with others. I learn lots of stuff from my discussions. The only problem with discussions with you is that there is nothing there to learn.

​​​​​​​I don't know if your avatar pic is an actual photo of you. Apparently you're a middle aged man? What the hell is wrong with you man. Are you like this in real life, and how do you get people to stand being near you?
Yes, that is my picture and that is my actual full name at the bottom of my posts in my signature. I’m not afraid to stand behind what I say. Yet again, I’m not nearly as stupid as you think I am.

​​​​​​​And if you're going to do what you do, at least be correct! Don't come in here as a fake expert with a bunch of incorrect opinions, polluting the forum archives with bad advice for others to find in the future. NO! 130mm dropout bikes are not weak for heavy loads.
That’s rich coming from our previous discussions. I did not say what you said I said…I could say something about lies and gaslighting or whatever but won’t. I’ll remind you that the original question from Doug64 was

Originally Posted by Doug64
What is the downside of 130 v.s 135 mm rear dropouts.
I did not say that 130mm hubs are weak for heavy loads. I said that 135mm hubs are stronger for heavy loads because of their increased width and decreased dish. Nothing you have said is contrary to that statement.

Don't forget track bikes use 120mm dropouts. Yes, those wheels are have symmetrical dishing, but those guys are 200lb bodyweight alone, squat 500lbs, and put out over 2000 watts which is over ten times what a regular cyclist pushes. They thrash their bikes around harder than anyone else and their wheels are completely fine.
And here we go again with the cheese to chalk comparison. You know what? Front wheels are even narrower even on heavily loaded rim brake bikes. Front wheels never have spoke problems. Even when you put a load on them with low riders they don’t have a problem with being weak despite their much narrower profile. Even those track riders that thrash their bikes don’t have front wheel problems. Why is that? Because the wheel is symmetrical…i.e. not dished… with the same tension between both sides and is inherently stronger. Track rear wheels have minimal dishing so the spoke tension differential is minimal.

And, before you Gish Galloping off into the sunset, I know that “never” is relative when it comes to front wheel spoke problems. But it is extremely rare to run across a broken front spoke.

​​​​​​​I also can assure you that I am well respected in my bicycling community. The co-ops I volunteer at value my knowledge and experience. The thousands…yes, literally thousands…of people I have help with their bike repairs value my knowledge and experience. The hundreds of people I have taught bicycle mechanics to value my experience and some of them have even gone on to be experienced mechanics…including paid mechanics…in their own right. Even people here on the Bike Forums value my knowledge, experience, and insights. I don’t need your validation, thank you very much.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!

Last edited by cyccommute; 10-27-22 at 06:25 PM.