View Single Post
Old 09-20-22, 06:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4361 Post(s)
Liked 4,002 Times in 2,671 Posts
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
Just so I understand.

When someone stops pedaling an e-assist bike the assist stops at the same time?

It is not like a hand crank generator with a power bank that provides power after the cranking stops?

If the assist stops immediately when the pedaling stops, that is not what I usually see, even with slower moving adult ridden bikes.

I saw a guy pulling a child trailer in our neighborhood. He’s pedaling along and then stops pedaling and the bike keeps going at about the same speed; no racing or donuts, just moving along at the same pace. But I know the road is uphill because I’ve ridden it for years.

John
Correct, you have to be pedaling to get assist there is no assist banking. If they are still going with assistance and not pedaling they are on a throttled vehicle not a proper e-bike. However just like a normal bike you still have the momentum you would have from pedaling.