Old 07-13-22, 12:50 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
Don't get complicated. In the long run it breaks down to Calories and Protein. Figure out how many calories you need for your day and how much protein you for the day. Formulas and calculators abound. Do all that are available then take an average. That will give ya a reasonable ball park figure to work with. Eat what ever you want but stay with in your calculated range.

For me, and old 68 year old fat guy at 250/114 Lb/Kg I look for at least 90 grams of protein and try to stay under 1800 calories. Granted it's a chore not easily accomplished but that's why I'm a fat guy. Just trying to say that the more simple you make it, the more successful you will be.

Ok... Now where does an Apple Fritter fit into this dialog?
I cant go by hunger I have no problem cutting way back on food. I would love to be able to do that. I would love to give up a meal a day. but if I do that I start slowing down and running out of energy. before I started riding I did not gain or lose weight on about 2500 calories a day. i weight 204 at the time. always moving but not exercise. thats hwy the doctors thought I had a tapeworm or something and i was tested for everything. I would be so happy if I did not have to eat as much but my body punishes me when I try. if I don't eat enough protein at night my esophagus will wake me up with so much pain. when this first got bad maybe 30 years ago. I was eating about 2500 calories and running out of energy. a doctor though I was not getting enough calories. I started eat more and more till I started loosing weight at about 1 pound a week. but my guess on calories was around 5000 to 6000 over 1/2 that nuts. but I was not digesting my food well then and I still think that maybe a little bit of it. I know nuts tend to go through me not fully digested. my gut bacteria so so fragile everytime I get sick it get knocked down. I dont think I get all the fuel out of my food and thats why I have to eat so much.