Old 07-23-21, 06:17 AM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
Let's face it, no one else but you know what bike handling skills you have and how comfortable and competent you are as a rider on varying surfaces.
I'm not a mtbiker either, but there is single trail and there's single trail, but what I can say from experience is that those tires look very very capable of easily riding on just about anything I can think of, and using judgement for walking through perhaps an extremely rocky (frame damaging rocky I mean) short section would be always doable.

only you know what you are considering riding on, but I can't imagine it's predominantly hard core mtb descent stuff or deep sand all the time.

on that assumption, I'd gladly ride this fun bike with a moderate load with those tires, all the "regular gravel" stuff will be great.
tire pressures appropriately! For traction and easier body bouncing about.
cheers
I agree that wheel and tire selection is crucial and should be appropriate for the ground you'll encounter. The Diverge has a bit of front suspension so that's good, but the gearing might be a bit high for really "chuncky" terrain. but you could always change that. There are also lots of reviews on Youtube so have a look at those. Then take you bike out for some tests before you commit to a full on multiple day trip.