Thread: Wrist Pain
View Single Post
Old 05-14-03, 12:33 PM
RB1-luvr
I don't know.

Bikes: '90 B'stone RB-1, '92 B'stone RB-2, '89 SuperGo Access Comp, '03 Access 69er, '23 Trek 520, '14 Ritchey Road Logic, '09 Kestrel Evoke, '08 Windsor Tourist, '17 Surly Wednesday, '89 Centurion Accordo, '15 CruX, '17 Ridley X-Night, '89 Marinoni

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked 850 Times in 444 Posts
I have the same problem. I contribute a lot of my pain to typing on a computer, and it is agravated by bicycling and motorcycling. Sometimes clutching in heavy traffic gets downright painful. I'd keep up the glucosimine, it takes months/years to notice the benefits of it. In the off season, do hand strength exercises and in the meantime, lighten your grip on the bar. Try your best to just rest your hand on the bar and decrease the angle of the bend at your hand. Those things have helped me a little. I would hesitate going with a wrist band simply because the wrist will become more dependent on the support and in the long wrong not fix the problem. Also, if you are a computer typer, wrest that sore wrist on a pad and keep the hand straight out, not bent. I'm no expert on this, but hope this helps.