Old 08-03-15, 11:43 PM
531Aussie
Aluminium Crusader :-)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Here's a little story, loosely related:

A guy from South America came to Australia for a holiday a couple of years ago, and brought his bike with him. When riding around Melbourne one day, he popped into a bike shop which was run by an ex-elite trackie. They got talking, and the tourist started complaining that his new bike didn't feel as good as his old bike, and he didn't seem to be riding as fast.

The old Aussie track rider is a pretty blunt guy, so he said something like: "well, I don't know where to start. Your bike is crap and your position is so bad I don't even wanna get into it. Why did you buy it?"

The tourist: "I wanted a new bike, and I bought it from a nice young man with a new shop in my town who made some very convincing points about why this bike would be good for me."

The Aussie shop guy elaborated on why he thought the bike and his position was wrong for him, then the tourist said: "ya know, the things you're saying sound a lot like the things another man in my town says all the time. I think he used to be a pro."

The Aussie: "well, maybe you should listen to him instead of the young shop guy. Is the shop guy a pro?"

The tourist: "No, not at all, but he seems knowledgeable."

The Aussie: "Well, like I said, I think you'd be better off listening to the ex-pro."

The tourist: "Well, maybe. He does win most of the races in my town, even though he's well into his 40s."

The Aussie: "Really? What's his name? I might've heard of him."

The tourist: "Hmm, I think his name is Raul."

The Aussie: "Don't tell me it's Raul Alcala."

The Tourist: "yes, yes!! That's him."

The Aussie: "Oh my god! You should DEFINITELY listen to him!!"

Yeah, yeah, pros don't always know everything, but it's a good story