View Single Post
Old 06-07-19, 01:39 PM
BicycleBicycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CXGallery
I have been looking for a Freight Baggage Flight Bag for a few years now.

I know that Trash makes their Space Junk version, as well as Mash SF having their Jandd version but really want to source the Freight one. Anyone have one they want to let go, or tips where I could source it? It hasn't been made for quite some time so I'm pretty confident someone is sitting on one just collecting dust somewhere. I need a bag I can travel with (flight/trains), and when I arrive, can build my bike, and then travel with the bike bag either by using it as a backpack, or rolling it down and putting it within my carry-on backpack.

Having a hardcase or bike box won't work, since it needs to be stored somewhere.

Thanks, and all tips are welcomed.
I know you wanted a bike case, but if you need to move your bike across a very large distance, and you plan on flying that distance, then there are good alternatives out there.

https://www.bikeflights.com/

You won't have to worry about carrying a bike bag, you just take it and roll.

I guess if you plan on doing this a lot, investing in your own case makes sense, but just letting you know that that exists.

Another cheaper uninsured option is to put it on a truck that's heading in that direction. I've met people that have moved all of their furniture and personal belongings this way.
Some trucks have a lot of room, and they will rent that room out to you.