Old 05-13-21, 11:25 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6219 Post(s)
Liked 4,218 Times in 2,365 Posts
Originally Posted by seanpatrick76
Hey all, so I recently purchased a used bike in fairly decent condition (looks great!) but didn't notice right away that there's a crack in the rear wheel rim. I'm not handy enough to build a new wheel myself, so am wondering whether it's worth taking to my LBS to try to fix (i.e. just replace the rim) or to try to find a replacement rear disc wheel online.

The bike is a Norco Threshold 2016 A, the rear wheel is a WTB SX19 700c Disc. The cassette and brake itself seem to still be in good condition, it's just the rim that's cracked. Will something like this work? https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod166431
If not, what should I be looking for in a rear wheel for compatibility (other than making sure it's 11 speed and disc break ready?) It seems like the wheel has a 10 x 135 axle which I assume must be adhered to?

Thanks!!

Cracked rim ^^^

Tire type ^^^

Disc Brake ^^^

It’s not that difficult to transfer the spokes to a new rim. Your rim has a listed ERD of 603mm. The WTB Frequenc Team CX i19 has the same ERD. It appears to be available from Pro Wheel Builder for $68.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!

Likes For cyccommute: