Old 07-11-21, 06:36 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked 3,987 Times in 2,662 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve_sr
I spent some time today on White's website. It looks like their hub/freehub seal is a fully shrouded o-ring. This appear to be far superior design to the sealing on my Phil FSC hub.

I am considering the T11 or M15 to replace the Phil wheels on my road bike. They have gone 70K miles and were rebuilt a few years ago after running into some unprotected milled pavement edges that bent both rims.

I am also considering the CLD or XMR disc hubs for the new build.

Peter White built the Phil wheels originally but doesn't appear to carry White Industries. Do you know of any good wheel builders that use White Industries hubs? There is no USA dealer locator on the WI website.
Peter would probably build you a set with WI hubs, if not Sugar Wheelworks or Bill Mould should be able to help and if not them there are plenty of other excellent wheel builders out there.

I typically order direct through WI but if your wheel builder does order through them, that is fine as well. They are super friendly and easy to work with.