Old 09-02-20, 04:35 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
Thanks monsieur T for all that. Great to see the details and how you organize it. Haven't had to organize so many days food, and the last time I would have done similar (less days though) would have been canoe trips, and that's been years now.

Sort of blurb I'd print up to serve as a reminder for the future.
Cheers
I am used to canoe and kayak trips where I need to carry a lot of food, so it is pretty easy to plan, takes more time to explain it and dig out photos than it actually takes to do it.

Even my Canadian Maritimes trip last year, I started at Halifax and then rode up to Cabot Trail. I had read before I got there that the northern part of the Cabot Trail is a food desert, so I packed accordingly and had no problems. Once I got back down to the mainland, then grocery stores were easy to find every couple days.

I think it is easier to buy beer in Nova Scotia than food, but not by much. But PEI, the beer was harder to find than food. Was not in New Brunswick long enough to have an opinion on that.