Old 08-27-21, 02:11 PM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
I did 15"/15" on/offs this morning (Hunger -3 on TR). These workouts where the "offs" are not truly off just suck, and with a dumb trainer, it takes a huge amount of concentration to put any wattage into the pedals on the offs. In the end I know this is where the fitness is made, but lordy that was a bear.
I've been doing similar stuff on the CX plan, yesterday was Maria and next week is Flume +2. my first 2 races are sept 11 and 12 right after an easy week, so I'm essentially peaking for these (I do still have the 2nd half of CX specialty which will take me to the real peak of my club's race in October). It's going to be hard not to put some pressure on myself to race well given how well training is going, but other people are training as well so there's that lol

We did have a couple of races get cancelled in Sept for covid related concerns so basically I only have 2 events in Sept, so I'm putting all my eggs into one weekend basket. Hoping the wheels don't come off the season with other events dropping off. Personally I think outdoor events can be safely run but I definitely appreciate an abundance of caution
Likes For hubcyclist: