View Single Post
Old 10-19-21, 03:32 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
My data is not as good as yours but it supports what you are saying. My scale is not the greatest. I rely on skin fold calipers.

When I am training seriously, I have a whey smoothie with milk and two range free eggs daily. Good fish has gotten too expensive for me, too. It is $30-40 a pound at my grocery. It used to be 15-20 a pound.

In 2015, I was 182 lbs (6'4'') and 10% body fat. In 2016, I was 190 lbs and 10% BF in the summer. In 2019, I was 198 and 12% BF going into Paris Brest Paris. In terms of visual confirmation, I look a little more muscular. Somewhat surprisingly, my FTP has increased during that time, too. 275 w in 2015 to 286 w in 2016 to 301 w in 2019. As you may recall, I am recovering from some injuries involving lots of bones. It might have been a fluke but my FTP test before the injury was 323 w....I suspect the PM has a problem. Nonetheless, I have been especially aware of protein intake over the past 5 weeks. My comminuted (broken into several pieces) clavicle healed in 4 weeks. 4 of the ribs healed in 4 weeks but one is still giving me some difficulty at 5 weeks. Surgeon reviewed x-ray of humerus the other day and said I am cleared to do anything that I can do.....if it hurts, stop.......message received was the bone is sufficiently healed. I credit some of this to upping my protein intake and supplements (D3, C, minerals, K.....etc) and no alcohol or nicotine and being relatively healthy for my age and taking an afternoon nap every day (growth hormone is only released during sleep).

N = 1.......TMI.....but, I agree.