MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10175 Post(s)
Liked 5,871 Times in 3,160 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Was more wondering about getting the TL out, but I assume it's free running. If so, no problem.

I've done the halyard run before. It's not too bad. I attached the chain to a length of thin line such as 3/16 for a leader line, and then run the halyard. Helps a lot to put the other halyards and lines under tension so they are taught and not easily twisted around your new halyard. Usually you can feel if the new one is fouling the existing halyards. Good luck!

I have not run wire down the conduit. Will that be a challenge once the TL is properly routed? Last boat I did away with the boom topping lift and just used the vang to hold up the boom. Hated the TL always flopping around the main roach.
The wire is in and everything is working as far as I know. The electrician and his rigger were getting the wire caught in those cracks at the ends of the conduit. I ran new coax for the VHF from the deck a few years ago and it wasn't too bad, even with the TL in there, so maybe the bottom crack is new..

As you say about running the new topping lift, but have just dropped the halyard directly with the chain on it. I have an LED anchor light which doesn't suck 2A like the masthead and and a cell booster antenna which I like to run up on the lift with the main halyard. Otherwise I just ease it to sail and snug it up when I put the boat away. It would also work as a jury main halyard.
Likes For MoAlpha: