Old 10-30-10, 03:02 PM
orcanova

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kensuf
Has anyone run a Hed Jet Disc / Jet 9 combo? Comments?
Haven't used one but I am about to trade in my Hed standard tubular for the Hed jet disc clincher through their crash program (my disc is 8 speed spline and I need 10 speed). The Hed rep pointed out its a C2 rim so its got a 23mm track instead of 19mm, so supposedly lower rolling resistance which should mean faster even without the disc: lower tire pressures due to smaller sidewall, and less rolling resistance, minus the sew-up hassles. My experience is my Hed standard disc was fast on the flats once I got it up to speed, but even slight upgrades it felt like a boat anchor. One long overpass and I was blowing up over the crest, and/or dropping lots of speed. I now live in pancake flat Southern La., so I'll use the disc on non-windy days, and some 50mm carbon tubulars I have for winder days or when there's overpasses to climb. Also, the rep favored the Jet over the Stinger because of the aforementioned, and internally spoked wheel, so less deflection than the stinger. Hope that helps some.