Old 05-23-22, 06:14 AM
Hondo6

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 672 Times in 464 Posts
Originally Posted by Dany6
Read my last post (the ones chainset pics),it's actually not Shimano's but Campy's...If you read it'll be clear how i messed it all up 🤦🤦😔😤,but chain and cassette are Shimano's btw.

Welp...turns out that these question you asked are true,but just the whole chainset has been changed not just just one ring...
I wrote everything in my previous post,i explained it there...I had it all messed up,damn it.
If the Shimano Biopace crankset is the "new" one (that model hasn't been made in literally decades) and the shop didn't change out the BB, that could be your problem.

That particular Shimano crankset appears to be the FC-A300. It uses a square taper BB with either a 113mm (for British BB) or 115mm (for Italian BB) spindle.

I'm not that familiar with Campy, but I seem to recall that many Campy square taper BB's I've seen for sale had spindles in the 103mm range. I think that was one of the most common lengths, but I'm not sure.

From the photo, it looks like you may still have the Campy BB (can't really tell). If so - and if my recollection on spindle lengths for Campy square taper BBs is correct - that's around a 10mm difference in spindle length. This in turn would move your chainrings substantially inward and would affect your chainline.

Last edited by Hondo6; 05-27-22 at 05:41 PM.