Old 08-24-18, 02:12 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
used Concord Rd last night. it was helpful to cut out part of route 27
had a close call on the BFRT at a road crossing, most rd crossings are pretty tame, or, if not, they are obvious hard stops, or obvious to use caution, slow or stop, etc. but last night, in the darkness I approached a crossing, was able to see the rd in both directions well before the crossing & saw no headlights & heard nothing. it was dark & quiet. as I crossed a car appeared out of nowhere to my right moving at a good clip. it startled me but I was well ahead of it exiting the roadway well before it wanted to occupy the same roadway. the unique problem with that crossing is a hill that separates the oncoming traffic & blocks my view of it, & their view of the crossing. the car was exceeding the speed limit, I think & I didn't stop because there were no cars. but if I wind up dead it doesn't matter who's fault it was, even if it was shared. I need to make note of that location

thankfully on the way home I spotted that sewer grate with parallel bars before riding over it. it is near where route 27 crosses route 2. luckily the traffic was light & I have a good light

overall a very pleasant evening
there were some ppl on bikes that caught in the darkness w/o lights
some more experienced (& faster) riders showed up later in the evening
one guy had a light & when he saw me in the distance started to blink it don't know what his deal was I dipped mine lower & he seemed to do the same but then as we got closer he flashed me in the eyes ... WTF?

returning south I could hear maybe a band at Nara Park? but it was weird cuz I could hear it then not then hear it then not. as I passed the park itself I saw nothing ... spooky

riding the sidewalk, looking back after passing route 2 I think?

significant sand in the bike lane after passing the train station & near/opposite gas station / hardware store / Dunkin Donuts

blind driveway getting closer to Concord Rd

Last edited by rumrunn6; 08-24-18 at 02:40 PM.