View Single Post
Old 05-15-21, 04:32 PM
scott967

Bikes: 89 Paramount OS 84 Fuji Touring Series III New! 2013 Focus Izalco Ergoride

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 54 Posts
You have to do what you have to do. I spent 1-1/2 years down on westbank of New Orleans getting my 95 yo father out of his house and his small auto repair/body shop business. He had about 25 old cars in various stages of disrepair that I had to either get running, find a buyer for parts, or junk. He watches American Picker and thinks there's a fortune back there. Getting years of accumulated junk, more hand tools than you can imagine, and his household stuff too out and then get both shop and home on the market and sold during Covid was no fun, and I was off the bike. Plus the price for scrap metal went to hell due to Covid. Not to mention he also dabbled in A/C repair and had a crapload of old refrigerant for systems that aren't used now. (And to make things more interesting, it seemed like about every three weeks last summer a hurricane was headed towards New Orleans.)

Got Dad moved into our place last Oct and I'm still not back to the old routine.

scott s.
Likes For scott967: