View Single Post
Old 06-08-20, 08:03 AM
Richard Cranium

Bikes: 2003 LeMond -various other junk bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 36 Posts
Thanks for comments - I had my first episode of A fib about one year ago - and I am suspecting that warm weather exercise is about to trigger another event. I'm sure most people get pretty rattled by it - I know it made me super anxious.
I wore a "stick-on" EKG for two weeks last July. I'm not sure how much of the time I was in "classic Afib" - but I did have some really pronounced arrhythmia much of the time.

I went on Xarelto and increased beta-blockers dosing. Over the winter i discovered I could ride a trainer pretty hard without triggering any symptoms. So now I am a little depressed about discovering these HR spikes without a lot of sense of exertion.

Good to hear that 77 year olds can ride with A fib for years. I'm no where near as bad off as you were.

No doubt - that manually checking for a pulse will tell the story. My "panic" started after checking my BP and seeing a 140 HR while sitting still. At that time my pulse was so shallow that I could not detect it at my wrist - don't remember trying my neck.

Part of my question has to do with whether there is any usefulness in seeing the "extra beats." That's why I wanted to know if anyone else managed their exercise or Afib by using a device.

I do know one thing - I don't want to trigger a full blown episode because sitting around with arrhythmia is a very uncomfortable way to live.