Old 10-29-20, 10:39 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
You still need a fit before purchase so that you can determine both the size bike and brand of bike to purchase. Certain bikes cover a larger set of fit coordinates than others can "out of the box". You don't even necessarily need to use your existing bike to do this, go to a fitter with the right setup.

Then, once you choose and buy you can transfer those coordinates to the new bike at initial setup.

FWIW, having a "cocked down" cockpit on the extensions in any manner will make a tri or TT bike feel really tough to ride. The ergo of "higher hands" and angled armpads is not something exclusive to newer bikes.

I run that way on my 2008 Felt DA. It's just that some of the new bikes allow for that fit coord whereas the old bikes have you buying aftermarket shims or angle blocks and such to accomplish that.

But, how much you've ridden it so far.......I'd kind of like to see a pic of the fit if you're still THAT uncomfortable. I have a very aggressive TT bike fit and can still ride 2+ hour endurance training rides on it just fine.