cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 453 Posts
Originally Posted by kracksmith
I like your fold-away ebike. What is the brand and model and how much?
https://www.qualisports.us/collectio...oducts/dolphin

I got the bike back in 2019, it was a little cheaper back then, under $1k.
Smaller wheel size usually offer stronger wheel, 750x motor gives plenty of torque for my at 175 lb. to go up hills and maintain 20 mph with PAS.
Wider tires does a decent job absorbs road shock.
If I were to do it over with another folding e-bike, it would have the batter hidden in the frame instead of seatpost battery.

Originally Posted by kracksmith
3K watts is too much for what I wanted to use this for. I really wanted the cyc stealth 1500 watts version but they didn't have my chain-ring size i want, which matched up with my stock chain ring size. CYC representative said just get the 3K watts version and I can go as fast or slow as i want. Plus, if things break too much or i get tired of this, i can always get a better mountain bike and swap this over, its a easy install.

so if i change my rear rim/tire to something wider with new hub and new single cog, at least i should be able to have more fun with it than using the fragile internal 3spd hub presently.
No one knows for sure whether 3k watts is too much for you.
It's difficult to tell without knowing your specific usage, weight of rider, what cargo you might want to carry on the bike.
Depending on your budget, converting your current bike/rear wheel might not be cost effective if you want to take the bike or e-bike onto trains.