Old 09-23-21, 11:58 AM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8283 Post(s)
Liked 9,053 Times in 4,479 Posts
I was doing some steep climbs near the Hollywood sign last January and something hurt in my left ankle, like a knife was sticking in there. I finished the ride and it's has been bothering me ever since but seems to be better lately. I repositioned my cleat, wrap a little tape first, then an elastic sleeve, then a neoprene ankle brace and I can ride without pain.
In the past my right leg has taken the most abuse. Crashed my motorcycle showing off and injured my right ankle. Saw two docs, x-rays, etc. Their best advice was if you can still walk on it we aren't doing any surgery. It popped and woke me up at night for years but it has calmed down.

In July I chased some fast people for 65 miles in the hills and really extended myself. Started having irregular heartbeat after that but haven't seen the doc. Last time I had that was in 2017 and saw 2 docs and they couldn't help and told me how good I look for my age, like I should be happy with that. They referred me to a cardiologist but my insurance declined and after 6 months they gave in and approved it but by then the symptoms were gone.

It's better than it was in August but I started thinking about going to the doc again. I was riding pretty well when this crap started.
Likes For big john: