Old 09-07-22, 10:04 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by Ev0lutionz
...I was falling on the drive side, handlebars took most of the brunt, RD had some scratches, steering went out of alignment...
And your wheels went out of true! I don't understand the the surprise. Sure they went out of true!

You always need to check everything on your bike after a fall. Even my old steel ones. I know you know this. Check your Pre-Flight, In-FLight, Post-Flight and Crash-Inspection lists. They should be long. Especially if your ridding a modern bike made of exotic materials with fancy Do Dads. Just a little spill could be disastrous in cost.

My last little spill was just one of those "got my front tire stuck in a crack" fall. Just a busted spoke and handle bars out of alignment but still I took a step back, went through my Post Crash-Inspection list, and found my rear wheel out of alignment and my rear quick release bent too... Go Figure...

It's good to hear you were able to finish your ride and also that you did not receive injury, other than your poor bike... Ha