View Single Post
Old 04-01-18, 06:42 PM
technoD

Bikes: trek 820, schwinn highlander,hardtail 29er, Currie I-Zip 26" Electric bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re; Dental and Lids

Originally Posted by Walter S
Good point. I have dental coverage thru a policy at work - I won't have that when I retire. I've budgeted for buying health insurance and getting coverage like I have now, and doing that privately is expensive. But the older you get the more likely you'll have significant regular expenses that are not covered well enough by insurance for you to ignore them. I don't know what the right amount is to anticipate here. You could easily suffer more or less than some reasonable-seeming figure. It comes down to your personal risk tolerances and how bad you think being wrong might be. But if you plan for no such expenses or a few hundred dollars a year etc. then you're probably fooling yourself. But who am I to judge? other than another oddball for whom unexpected difficulties have taught us a lesson
One trick over the Years I've learned is a Sterilized Multitool, Hemostats and a Bottle of whiskey ! What dental bills ?? I Know that sounds Crude, but Living Simply and being a Former EMT I have some Skills 😎.
Also If you live Near a Company such as I work for, like a Printing Company they Discard Hundreds of Plastic 5 Gallon buckets With Lids in Black and White !! Not Food grade , but Great for storing Supplies, Ammo, Clothing Etc. 👍