View Single Post
Old 11-20-20, 10:11 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3148 Post(s)
Liked 1,713 Times in 1,034 Posts
Saying goodbye to my beloved Novara Buzz

Man, after 15 years, a guy gets to love his bike, you know what I mean?

In my mind, I’ve decided that with my age and lifestyle changes, it’s time for me to get a new rig, one that looks forward to the next 15 years. My heart, though, is still attached to this Novara Buzz which has been a terrific companion as I transitioned from a guy living with his girlfriend to father in a family of four. Really, the bike has been a trusted companion to me, from bike festivals to bar runs, from winter commute slogs, to hauling kids and cargo. It’s truly been my perfect definition of a sport utility vehicle...and I’m emotionally attached!

I don’t really have a reason to make this post, other than, I suppose, as a therapy to help me get comfortable with my decision to move on. I opened the computer to hit Craigslist, but just couldn’t do it, so I came here to cry first. We’ve all got to move on at some point, right? I mean, it makes no sense to keep a bike forever, right?

I guess I just wanted to go on the record once for a bike which never got the limelight— it never did the big rides, the fast rides, or was the subject of a BF thread— but was always my ride-or-die for the past 15 years. So many good memories derive from this bike. It’s hard to say goodbye.

Thanks for the shoulder to cry on, folks. Now to CL to do what needs done...

Likes For chaadster: