View Single Post
Old 01-14-21, 05:51 PM
gregf83 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
These "smart" trainers sure seem to need a lot of tweaking. I'm not sure I'm smart enough to ride a smart trainer, so maybe I'll just keep my PM+fluid trainer and turn the pedals over harder when I want to go faster on screen.
I don't bother tweaking the settings on the trainer. It's enough that when I see the road tilting up I know to downshift as the resistance is about to go up. I'm not interested in perfect realism with built-in motors to generate trainer speed on downhills. I'm mainly interested in a workout and don't want to run out of gears while climbing or spin out while descending. There is a 'tuck' mode on zwift but I'd rather keep pedaling. Using the default zwift difficulty of 50% seems to work fine for climbing and descending. At the end of the day all these distractions like shifting or trying to maintain contact with a group just help to make the time go a little faster. I never had much luck trying to sprint on a KK trainer although I suppose it's feasible if you have the right tires and roller pressure. It's a no brainer on a wheel off trainer.
Likes For gregf83: