Old 06-15-21, 05:12 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1608 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
I have done second gen Ergos in 10 speed, twice. Branford was a great help with advice and parts. I don't know of anyone else that has as complete service/parts.
It really isn't than bad. I would not work on a time piece but the levers were not really a problem. I do have an 8V set with the pointy hoods that will take the same g spring as the second gen Ergo but I think they swap left and right sides. Info on Branford site.
The key is the proper indexing of the parts in assembly. Don't force anything. The other significant challenge is the installation of the spring. Again it is about positioning the parts in the right orientation while assembly.
The difference between many of the Ergo''s are the markings on the blade. Chorus and Record are the same with that exception. The differences between the different versions are documented on Branfords site.

I say go for it!