Old 07-16-21, 06:58 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,868 Times in 3,013 Posts
Originally Posted by zymphad
Sure they are. Just like they said certain frame design like that headtube remember was wider at the bottom than top increased rigidity, and now well no one does that? And well they ALL did that just 5 years ago? Also don't see how that is possible, but I guess my tiny brain can't get over how giant disc brakes are more aero than tiny rim brakes. Oh I forgot, maybe the tiniest less curve because of brake on the wheels is less aero than having a chunky disc brake... Right... That's why so many people are still raiding wheels that are only 20mm deep, cause they were saying how much aero 40mm was and everyone should ride it, and just like how 28mm was actually faster than 25mm but every road bike I saw in the shop were 25mm. So, I've started to think the bike marketing is mostly nonsense to get people to upgrade.

Hell I remember how Cervelo one year why they increased the height of the BB and shortened their chain stay... and then they changed it back to how it was before because it was better... And then I remember how bladed forks were all the rage and now I see the new more AERO road bikes don't have bladed forks. And then I remember how Cannondale made a big deal about their 25mm seat-tube and now they are back to 27mm... so.

I also remember how the TT bikes were kinda bulky rounded tubes... Then they became blades cause more aero. But now they are back to being more bulky rounded oval tubes cause more aero. Wait what... ?!?!?
I think you need to chill out and have a beer or something. I don’t see disc brakes adding any more aero drag than rim brakes given their frontal area. Especially if the frame design is optimised around them. I’m pretty sure Pinarello are saying that their new Dogma is fractionally more aero in disc form. Not that the difference would be significant for the average rider or even a pro. My point was that rim brakes are not going to make a comeback on the basis of being more aero.
Likes For PeteHski: