rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13720 Post(s)
Liked 4,533 Times in 2,509 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Shakedown cruise tonight on the newly rebuild Litespeed. First impressions - quiet! Nothing quite like a new chain on new chanrings and a new cassette!

Shifting in the rear seems as good as the 7410 DA, better than the 7000 series 105 on the Canyon. Shifting from small to large chainrings is pretty much immediate and quiet, BUT requires significant force on the lever. The brakes work great. The crank is not as pretty as the 7410 crank, but it's not too bad. Slightly wider Q-factor - like 3mm - but I'm not sure I'd notice.

So, a lot like the old kit, but with more gears, just like I wanted. At one point I was going up a little rise and I looked back at the cassette and thought, "I thought I'd have lower gears here", then I realized I was in the 53, not the 39 as I'd thought.

I seem to have set the STIs higher than I intended, but I was able to scooch them down to 'tips level with end of bar' when I got home. Unfortunately, not only was it windy AF out, but also my legs just didn't seem to have it tonight. Maybe 3 days layoff is too much!

Here's the promised picture:
Super Nice
Likes For rjones28: