cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 453 Posts
Cool

Took good advantage of 3-day weekend with great weather, I did about 86 mile on the new cargo ebike, determined that pedaling is really unnecessary on this machine;
the wide seat really gets in the way of pedaling motion.
While the seat padding may look minimal and uncomfortable for long saddle time, it turned out ok for me.

Me at 178 lb. fully dressed, five levels of PAS with their max speed when battery is at/near full level:
PAS 1: 18 km/h
PAS 2: 25 km/h
PAS 3: 35 km/h
PAS 4: 40 km/h
PAS 5: 45 km/h,
with PAS level 2, I am able to climb local hills on pavement with minimal efforts & decent decent of 80-90 rpm;
the hills are usually less than 1/16 mi. long, gradient of 4-6%.
Steeper grade of 10-12%, in the national park near my PA residence, I was able to coast up hill with throttle operation at PAS level 4.
I rode the ebike until each of the battery level went down to about 25-30%, which takes about 38-42 miles, have plenty of battery capacity left after the 3-day weekend of riding.
Two chargers came with this ebike, took about 4-5 hours to get each battery back to full charge.
I put different stickers on each battery so I can differentiate between the two.

Shorter wheelbase than the Fiido T1 really makes this ebike quicker in handling, even though with more weight.
Maybe I will lower the ride height adjustment on the next few rides with the rear shock to see if it slackens the steering.
With the saddle difference between the two ebikes, I find myself pedaling much less than the Fiido T1 on this new ebike.
1000w hub motor does feel very similar to the Fiido T1, even though the bike weight about 20 lb. more.
Likes For cat0020: